Who is Diverse Power Solutions
Diverse Power Solutions (DPS) is an MBE/WBE company focused on supporting energy efficiency
program implementation, implementer staff augmentation, program ally training and education, and
targeted direct outreach.
DPS is located within the AICEE service territory with our offices and workforce based in Belleville, Illinois. DPS is committed to bringing its direct, field level expertise into the implementation of the Energy Efficiency Programs as well as broadening the program’s diverse outreach capabilities for our customers.
Diverse Power Solutions was started by the current CEO Carole Jackson, whose previous work experience at Ameren Illinois and Jarvis Electric has set her up to be an up and coming driving force in diverse equality in the energy efficiency market.
Diverse Power Solutions was started because we saw the need for qualified diversity in the energy efficiency field. Diverse contractors have this bad stigma that they are under-qualified and are just used as pawns in a bigger picture. We set out to change this view of diverse contractors by working with valued diverse partners who help us make programs a success by providing their expertise in all areas of the energy efficiency field.
- Bring awareness to qualified diverse contractors in the energy efficiency field.
- Create and promote inclusion for all underrepresented diverse contractors that might not have a chance to put their talents on display for the right customer to see.
- Train diverse contractors that want to be involved in the energy efficiency field. There is a shortage of trained diverse contractors in this field. We want to play a significant role in the overall success of the diverse contractors by providing education in energy efficiency, business, and customer service.
- Ameren Illinois SBDI Training Pilot Program in 2021. We trained (3) diverse allies, and (3) non-diverse allies. The goal was 1.8 million Kw/hrs in savings for the allies. We reached about 3.6 million Kw/hrs in savings with the allies over that period which was a great success. These allies continued with the program into 2022 and have already accumulated 3 million Kw/hrs in savings in the first quarter. The training was a success because these allies have demonstrated their ability to continue to operate on their own with confidence. We worked with our valued partner Jarvis Electric on this project.
- We are currently involved in the Ameren Illinois SBDI program providing (4) Energy Advisors to provide audits, inspections, and grow the overall awareness of the program.
- We recently participated in a pilot program for energy audits for the Illinois school districts in accordance with 220 ILCS 5/8-402.2 Public Schools Carbon-Free Assessment programs. The first school in the pilot was East St. Louis District 189. We partnered with I-Star Energy Solutions to provide mechanical insulation and building envelope audits.